CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY
The safety of our patients and crew is our top priority. With that in mind, we are continuing to closely monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and update our procedures.In accordance with CDC, we are implementing contingency plans and putting additional protocols into each part of our services. All crews go through decontamination procedures and all aircrafts and ambulances are deep-cleaned after each use.
Our services are considered ‘Essential Service’, however there are many state and local requirements to navigate. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. As always, we are proud to serve you and provide you with clear information and safe solutions that ensure a secure and safe service for all. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated with any new and pertinent information.
Last Update: September 1, 2020
You can view the following resources for your reference:
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
MEDEVAC INTERNATIONAL IS ABLE TO OFFER
- Emergency Air Ambulance service with 24-hour dispatch
- Arrangement of all ground ambulance service including wheelchair transport
- Medical Escorts for airport travel
- International Air Ambulance service to Canada, Mexico, Asia, and more
- Depending on the type of medical transfer, we can often accommodate one or two traveling companions
- Coordination with the insurance company
- Post-flight follow-up
SCOPE OF CARE
Medevac International provides medical transport at the ALS level, utilizing Licensed Flight Nurses and Mobile Intensive Care Paramedics. Medevac International Flight Teams are trained and certified in Advanced Medical Life Support, International Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, as well as Basic Life Support. Medevac International Flight Teams can initiate or continue a high level of medical care and stabilization from point of access to definitive care.
Care areas include:
- Cardiac Care ACLS, ACS care, 12 lead
- Stroke Care
- Trauma Burns, Spinal Cord Injuries, Orthopedic
- Respiratory Ventilator support, Continuation of Sedation
- Bariatric Care Available dependent upon aircraft availability
- Medical Infectious Diseases, Cancer
- Post discharge care and transport
- Continuation of care already initiated Medevac International MICP with written orders will continue care according to sending Physicians orders
Medevac International utilizes Nationally Registered Flight Nurses and Mobile Intensive Care Paramedics. Flight Team members come from many walks of life but share the same background. Many of our Medevac International Flight Team members are hired after several years in busy ICU, ER or 911 systems, where they acquire a great deal of real world experience with all aspects of both emergency medical care and interfacility care. Our providers are then trained to be able to provide extensive care in harsh and austere environments such as disaster sites, oil rigs or international/remote clinics. We believe that this model gives them the flexibility and skill set to deliver high quality care in this most demanding of environments.